A microscopic home.

this is a literary blog. i'm literate so i must have something to say. hopefully.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I feel my way through the shadows of the dining room, the kitchen
and my feet make pathways across the wooden floor
it encompasses me in it’s variegated glazes
until I am nothing more than encompassed.

the wind is banging the back door and whistling
with a shrill fury through the key hole
a stranger told me at the grocery store that a storm is coming,
he had been buying flowers for his wife.

and I had just stared in awe
at the clouds with their sharp
black foreshadow.

the end of this day is blooming in the darkness
of my dining room as I fidget in front of the
back window
and the sky stares back
and encompasses me
like I could be encompassed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home