A microscopic home.

this is a literary blog. i'm literate so i must have something to say. hopefully.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

how many years must a mountain exist before it is washed to the sea.

lalala.

i'm at andrews. in mid movement around the city streets of sarnia. I have to go find my friends somewhere downtown. it seems that I am always in transport lately. always looking to find some time to sleep. time to sit and read a book.

a guy told me that he didn't like my zine today.He said that it wasn't what he thought it should have been. the conversation started with me asking if I could do a piece on these instruments that he had made [see the pictures below] and he ended up saying that the only way that I could was if he could have a preview of this issue and he deemed it okay. is this what I have to deal with? should I allow an artist to push me around in order to get the story? is that not selling myself out? i'm not sure it's worth it at this point. although one of my problems with the last issue was that I couldn't get enough 'good submissions' and is this the only way I can get the types of things I want for my zine? is this what I have to do. hmm. It was only my first issue after all. meh. it's an ethical question.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

artists are picky fuckers: we all want things our way - if there's a rhyme and/or reason for it, we'll fight to the death on its behalf.

that being said:

"how many seas must the white dove sail, before she can sleep in the sand?"

1:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home