A microscopic home.

this is a literary blog. i'm literate so i must have something to say. hopefully.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

later [never]

we could find a place in the
soil to build
a fortress
where
the stalks heave towards the west
in unison – purring their gold;
recover security
in the fragrance of
cicadas rustling
their wings in tall grass


if I guard you

then you can dream in
exhales,
calmly bow your
soft head
__________


though even the passionate grow
weary – fatigued;
after years of pursuing
invented evils
you manifest
like shadows from the
corners of this
place.

Oh, my fingers are
not long enough to
gather your mind;
to pull my heart
out and push it into
your own.

even my fervent
attempts to do so
always fail.


can you not see

I am as wounded
as you but
you never offer
a tuck under your
wing.

you just leave me
a heap
on the back steps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home